Monday, October 25, 2010

Hisss Movie Review



Director: Jennifer Lynch
Cast: Mallika Sherawat, Irrfan Khan, Divya Dutta etc


A movie about the vengeance of the snakes, interesting!! As we are brought up in a society in which snakes are devoted, the plot of a snake vengeance seems interesting!
So I booked a seat for Hiss at Innovative Multiplex, Marthahalli, for 2.15 show, on Saturday. I had to watch Rakht Charitra at 5.00 from the same place, so I was a little worried about the duration of the movie. Anyway, I got late, took a quick bath at 1.30 and ran to bus stop, bought a bottle of Slice and Bingo as I hadn’t had anything from the morning. Due to high traffic, I could reach there at 2.27 only.. I ran to the place, got the ticket, and entered the hall. Nothing was visible, except a yellow ‘V/U’ certificate, I asked the guy standing at door to show me my seat. He told, ‘koi problem nahi, aap kahin bhi baith sakte hain!’. Yes, the hall was almost empty, and I got a seat. I looked at the screen, it was beautiful, awesome!! I don’t know how to explain, it was so nice with stunning visuals. But I wondered whether the resolution of the movie was not 16:9, it was 4:3! Later only, I realised that it was a short film on ‘Kerala Tourism’!!! :P

Anyway, the movie started, and it wasn’t as bad as critics said. Hisss is not at all a great movie, but it is not the worst one too!! There have been more worse films than Hisss, In fact, it is a watchable one, in my opinion. It is not so convincing at several places, but still we can watch it. It certainly has more standards than a B-grade movie. Hiss could have been much better if the director worked a little more harder on the script. Also, the place where it is taking place arises many confusions. In one scene, we can see ‘Amrita TV’ news reporters and an old woman speaking Malayalam, indicating that it takes place in Kerala. But, all other common people speak Hindi only.

Mallika Sherawat did her role well, her snake-teeth is not looking much original, though!! Irrfan Khan was okay, and all others were alright. The lovemaking scene between Ms. Sherawat and the Snake was very funny!! :P

On the whole, it is a one-time watch, atleast when the DVD comes…

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment