Monday, October 4, 2010

Two States; The Story of My Marriage Book Review

Poster


Author: Chetan Bhagat
Publisher: Rupa & Co

This is the first book of Chetan Bhagat I’m reading, I had read about this book from Wikipedia, and when I saw this book with one bookseller on the street, I couldn’t stop myself buying it. Of course, It was necessary for me to read it!
So, this much-discussed book I liked a lot, but I guess the overall idea was crap!
Yes, the way the characters are developed, and the way the relationship grows in them, is CRAP.

Few points about the relationship between Krish and Ananya:
It was more lust-oriented than love.
They had sex, and they liked each other, so they continued with the relationship.
Krish’s primary intention before they got into the relationship was to kiss Ananya, which is obviously lust-dominated.

So, I don’t understand why everybody calls it as a great love story, I mean this is a time pass book ,and it is very good guide for the present generation, especially for those people who are in a relationship with somebody not exactly from their caste or state. But, as a lovestory, it sucks!!

Special mention to the Punjabi aunties who are directly into the book from bollywood!!
They were damn good!!!

There are very good moments in the book, the portions of Krish’s father was awesome, and the Guruji portion was also really good. In fact, this is a good entertainer, but not a good lovestory.

Way to go before you attempt a love story, Mr.Bhagat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment